POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Trivial trigonometry : Re: Trivial trigonometry Server Time
9 Oct 2024 02:22:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trivial trigonometry
From: Darren New
Date: 1 Dec 2009 11:21:59
Message: <4b1542a7$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> It's just a pattern which happens
> to look exactly like an interference pattern, but without being one.

Right!  The math works out to be the same, in some limited cases.

Did you watch the youtube video I linked to? Or are you trying to apply
common sense to a field which even nobel prize winners in that field agree
it doesn't make common sense?

>   And if I follow your earlier logic, the pattern looks like an interference
> pattern *because* it's not an interference pattern.

No, you misread that. I said you know it's not an interference pattern
because it happens with only one photon at a time.

Look, don't argue with me. Argue with Feynman if you want.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)