POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Operation downfall : Re: Operation downfall Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:20:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Operation downfall
From: Invisible
Date: 1 Dec 2009 06:09:58
Message: <4b14f986$1@news.povray.org>
>> Heh. I go to Switzerland - to the *tourist* parts of Switzerland - and
>> in all the years I've been going I've met *one* other person from
>> England.
>
> I think you misunderstood what I meant.  I meant that in *every* country
> there are all sorts of people, intimidating, friendly, evil, fun,
> Haskell lovers, bikers etc.  IME the UK doesn't have massively lower
> numbers of intimidating people compared to the rest of the world.

Like I said, I think I just find foreign accents intimidating.

Hell, I visited Liverpool and it took me a while to figure out why I
couldn't understand anybody... I guess I'm not very bright.

> Where
> would you feel more intimidated, a Haskell meet in San Francisco or a
> Harley Davidson pub meet in the UK?

Amusingly (or not?), both of those would have approximately the same
number of beards. o_O

One guy told me that Hell's Angels are "actually really friendly
people". But I don't know whether that's actually true...