POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Trivial trigonometry : Re: Trivial trigonometry Server Time
9 Oct 2024 00:21:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trivial trigonometry
From: Darren New
Date: 30 Nov 2009 22:56:26
Message: <4b1493ea$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   It looks like a wave, it behaves like a wave, it produces all the effects
> that a wave would produce, but it's not a wave.

No, it doesn't. It has the same math as a wave, *if* there's only one. If
there's more than one, the behavior isn't like waves.

What function of waves produces lasing? Polarization?

>>> "OK, so why do I still get the exact same patterns if there's only one
>>> photon there?"
>
>> Because there are no waves.
>
>   You get a wave interference pattern *because* (not "even though") there's
> no wave. That makes sense.

No, you get the exact same patterns when there's only one photon there,
because it's not caused by interference between photons.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)