POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Trivial trigonometry : Re: Trivial trigonometry Server Time
9 Oct 2024 00:22:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trivial trigonometry
From: Darren New
Date: 30 Nov 2009 22:54:17
Message: <4b149369$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   I think that the vernacular interpretation is that the single photon
> traverses as a wavefront and interferes with itself when it passes through
> both slits at the same time.

Well, not really. The basic problem is people calling it an "interference
pattern" to start with. It's not really "interference" as such, since
there's only one particle. Calling it "interference" just encourages people
to go looking for what wave is causing the interference.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)