POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Trivial trigonometry : Re: Trivial trigonometry Server Time
9 Oct 2024 00:19:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trivial trigonometry
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 30 Nov 2009 18:47:14
Message: <4b145982$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 11:45:53 +0000, Invisible wrote:

>> There is nothing like spending a couple of hours on your back in a
>> field with a truly dark sky - it feels like there are far more than
>> mere thousands visible!
>>
>> :o
>
> But where do you have to go? Outer Mongolia?

You could probably see a fair bit from Stonehenge....For me, I'd probably
have to travel about 30 miles up into the mountains (have done, actually,
the night sky is quite cool to see from up on the eastern side of the
mountains to the east of where I live).

As for where Outer Mongolia is, GIYF. ;-)

Jim