POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Trivial trigonometry : Re: Trivial trigonometry Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:24:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trivial trigonometry
From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 30 Nov 2009 17:06:53
Message: <4b1441fd$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> You can also buy telescope tripods that will use a small motor to turn
>> the telescope in counterpoint so the stars appear stationary. I
>> imagine the same would work for a camera, and then it would be the
>> ground that's blury.
>
> That was my point, I know how to keep the stars sharp or to keep the
> ground sharp, but how to get both in the same photo?

With a camera, the trees are going to move relatively little if you are
tracking stars relatively high in the sky. And that little bit they move
will be hidden by the stars that take up the field of view where the
tree was before.

Tracking a star at the horizon would be more difficult. I would have to
think of a good trick there that doesn't involve just cropping or
zooming in on only stars.