POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Operation downfall : Re: Operation downfall Server Time
9 Oct 2024 00:21:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Operation downfall
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 30 Nov 2009 16:26:38
Message: <4b14388e@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 08:16:08 -0800, Darren New wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> by not wanting to try to get around London on a daily basis.
>
> The actual nice thing about cities is they tend to be very easy to get
> around. I've never vacationed in a city that I've taken an automobile.
> The paris and london subways (as well as a few in the USA) are really
> all you need, if you're willing to walk two or three blocks or hop an
> occasional taxi cab to go too far towards the edge.

I have found that on places I've traveled to as well - NYC, London,
Boston, San Francisco, Barcelona - all have pretty good public transit
systems, and as a tourist there (or being there for work), I've found
that I could get around fine without a car for the most part.

But particularly with London, I don't know that I'd want to depend on the
public transit system for my employment - strikes seem to happen fairly
often (in particular), enough so that I might be concerned (though I know
most employers will make allowances for that).

Jim