POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Trivial trigonometry : Re: Trivial trigonometry Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:22:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trivial trigonometry
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 30 Nov 2009 15:25:16
Message: <4b142a2c$1@news.povray.org>
>> babble some nonesense about a "quantum superposition of states" to
>> make up for the fact that this explanation makes no sense at all.
>
> It's only nonsense if you don't know what it means.

"And the waves interact to generate these interference patterns."

"OK, so why do I still get the exact same patterns if there's only one
photon there?"

"Um... right, OK... that's because there are these extra versions of the
photon, that all exist at the same time. They generate the interference
pattern. Oh, but you can't measure them, see? Because as soon as you
look at them, they stop existing, right?"

"Dude... WTF?"

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/