POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Miracle products : Re: Miracle products Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:22:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Miracle products
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 30 Nov 2009 15:12:17
Message: <4b142721$1@news.povray.org>
>> Well, anyone whose name we still know 500+ years later would probably
>> fall under "especially famous" for me.
>

> Yeah, I guess if you don't count Pythagoras as a famous mathematician,
> we might get some gaps in there, yah. ;-)

Wolfram limits the number of people's names you're allowed to use. The
list has to be short, so it's kind of arbitrary which people you choose
to include.

Euclid, Archimedes and Pythagorus are ancient Greek. Then there's a gap
of about 1,000 years, and then there's a huge chunk of people all alive
at the same time - Euler, Gauss, Cauchy, Fermat, Pascal, Fibonacci,
Netwon, Laplace, the whole shooting match. And then there's a gap until
the present day.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/