POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Miracle products : Re: Miracle products Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:24:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Miracle products
From: Darren New
Date: 30 Nov 2009 13:29:49
Message: <4b140f1d@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Hahaha! Isn't China that country that *has* an alphabet, but it's 22,000
> characters or something absurd?

No, it's not an alphabet. It's writing, but there aren't phonetic letters
you rearrange to make words, which is what "alphabet" means. From the greek
Alpha Beta.

> Notice the huge gap in the middle, and the much smaller gap between then
> and now? I'm sure other mathematicians *existed*, they just weren't
> especially famous... ;-)

Well, anyone whose name we still know 500+ years later would probably fall
under "especially famous" for me. Of course there might be a big gap when
you list individual mathematicians. You're not graphing famous mathematicians.

http://www-history.mcs.st-and.ac.uk/Indexes/Full_Chron.html

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)