POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Trivial trigonometry : Re: Trivial trigonometry Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:20:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trivial trigonometry
From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 30 Nov 2009 11:02:04
Message: <4b13ec7c@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> This is awesomer:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Perseid_Meteor.jpg
>
> Here in the name of God does the night sky actually look like this?!

Dunno, but now that it is cold I may have to find a map and make a
scouting expedition to find a place. City lights are annoying here, but
that picture looks like what I grew up seeing. Even there, the lights
are brighter at night, they finally put up street lamps, and the
neighbors leave their post lamps on, now.

But here, a half hour on the road will get me clear of the city and put
me in farm land. That's always a good start, with the side of a mountain
as a back up plan.