POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Trivial trigonometry : Re: Trivial trigonometry Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:20:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trivial trigonometry
From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 30 Nov 2009 10:53:18
Message: <4b13ea6e$1@news.povray.org>
Bill Pragnell wrote:
> I'm not sure. The fact that it's a nearly-complete panorama makes it even more
> complicated - I guess it must have been unwrapped from a fisheye.
>
> I'd think it was a single shot. I bet you could get away with up to a minute of
> exposure, and it's very wide angle so any movement would be less noticeable.
>
> Any expert photographers here want to comment?

Servo motors work wonders, when you can gear them correctly.

There are several tripod heads designed to track correctly against the
spin of the earth, allowing for long exposures. Anything that works for
for automatic telescopes can do the same work for a camera.

Or for cheap, a really long bolt, two pieces of wood, and a hinge. They
are called equatorial mounts or, for the cheapest ones, barn door trackers.