POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Mandelbulb Powers in Media : Re: Mandelbulb Powers in Media Server Time
17 May 2024 05:08:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mandelbulb Powers in Media
From: Captain Jack
Date: 30 Nov 2009 09:41:23
Message: <4b13d993$1@news.povray.org>
"waggy" <hon### [at] handbasketorg> wrote in message
>I made a short animation of the the tail end of the mandelbulb, this time
>as an
> isosuface of the sixth iteration.
>
> Both of these animations are now on youtube.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/user/waggywagz

Aside from its obvious (and very cool) mathematical and artistic merit, I
can imagine this being useful for VFX, as well... Give it a watery texture,
add some motion blur, put it in the middle of an ocean surface simulation,
throw in some funky underwater lighting, and you've got, say, a submerged
alien spaceship about to break the surface.

--
Jack