POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : And you thought flash was only good for youtube. : Re: And you thought flash was only good for youtube. Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:18:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: And you thought flash was only good for youtube.
From: Invisible
Date: 30 Nov 2009 04:04:55
Message: <4b138ab7$1@news.povray.org>
>> (I have no idea what the W3C standards process is. I just read the
>> specs.)
>
> Right. And what reason do you have to believe that *anyone* does or will
> follow those specs?

So what you're saying is that we should let somebody make up some
mangled mess of a system, and then stamp it as a "standard", rather than
designing something properly?

Stuff like making something like Flash a standard rather than designing
SVG? And the single proprietry implementation should be the standard spec?

Isn't that exactly why everybody's so upset with the MS document "standard"?

(Not that your claims are unfounded - AFAIK, nobody has implemented the
CSS3 drop shadow properties, for example. But then, that's a fairly
dubious feature in the first place...)