POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Miracle products : Re: Miracle products Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:24:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Miracle products
From: Invisible
Date: 30 Nov 2009 03:59:49
Message: <4b138985@news.povray.org>
>> (Actually, the history of science and mathematics seems to involve
>> quite a lot of things being discovered, forgotten and then
>> rediscovered, often after a seriously large length of time.)
>
> That happens a lot when fanatics burn down libraries. Hasn't really
> happened much since the invention of the printing press.

Which, AFAIK, is "fairly recent".

(I still find it amusing that if you plot the names of all the famous
mathematicians on a graph, there's this big cluster in the middle, about
400 years ago, and there's Pythagorus at the other end of the graph. And
seemingly nothing inbetween. Also seemingly nothing since a few hundred
years ago. I guess mathematicians aren't all that famous any more...)