POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Miracle products : Re: Miracle products Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:19:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Miracle products
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 29 Nov 2009 21:34:02
Message: <4b132f1a$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>>> The only way to scientifically determine whether a claim is valid or
>>> not is to, you know, actually investigate it. If we wrote off
>>> anything that sounded too weird, human kind would never have advanced
>>> anywhere.
>>>
>> No argument there. Now.. Given how only the people that cheat, lie,
>> stack the deck, or consider "Blair Witch" style theatrics, followed by
>> babbling, "That random sound sort of sounded like...", or, "Gee that
>> random camera glitch moved like moved 'purposefully', why can't we
>> drop the supposed paranormal already? Oh, and I love that last one,
>> "move purposefully". By whose definition, by what criteria? That its
>> less random than some other random light? More? Moved in what you
>> *think* is a pattern? What the hell does "moved purposefully" even
>> fraking mean without context of the ability to determine what the
>> purpose *is*?
>
> The military weren't studying the entire zoo of paranormal claims, they
> studied one specific aspect: the claim that certain people can see
> events distant in space and possibly time. This one is quite easy to
> verify one way or the other. They tried; the statistics were
> unimpressive; they gave up and shut down the project. Seems like a
> non-WTF to me.
>
>> Its been tested and retested ***over and over*** thousands of times,
>
> It has *now*. Not sure about back when this study was done...

lol True enough. Doesn't stop people from *continuing* to test it. There
is even a group of *ex-subjects* from the original military test that
are still busy babbling about how it *does* work, the military still
secretly uses it, and using the same unimpressive BS as "proof" of it.
Go figure..

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {