POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Miracle products : Re: Miracle products Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:20:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Miracle products
From: Darren New
Date: 29 Nov 2009 12:59:58
Message: <4b12b69e$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   *Some* people believed the Earth was flat at some point, but it was not
> as common as most people nowadays believe.

The people arguing against Columbus setting out weren't arguing that he'd
fall off the edge, but rather that the Earth was far too large to sail
around in the size ships he was taking. Which was true. He would have died
had he not run into the Americas.

>   The placebo effect also causes measurable chemical changes in the body.

Interestingly, I've read that the placebo effect has been getting measurably
stronger over the last few decades. How's *that* for a mind-screw?

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)