POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : And you thought flash was only good for youtube. : Re: And you thought flash was only good for youtube. Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:22:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: And you thought flash was only good for youtube.
From: Darren New
Date: 29 Nov 2009 12:46:51
Message: <4b12b38b$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>>> the ad-hoc made-up stuff that browser implementors come up with is a
>>> nightmare.
>>
>> In part because W3C has a broken standards process that fails to
>> account for how the world actually works.
>
> Care to explain that one?

They make stuff up, and then try to claim it's the standard. It's broken
because there's no good reason for browsers that have already implemented
things differently than what W3C later standardizes on to change.

> (I have no idea what the W3C standards process is. I just read the specs.)

Right. And what reason do you have to believe that *anyone* does or will
follow those specs?

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)