POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Miracle products : Re: Miracle products Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:24:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Miracle products
From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 29 Nov 2009 12:05:25
Message: <4b12a9d5$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/28/09 23:12, somebody wrote:
>> Except that evidence wasn't lacking.
>
> Claims motivated by greed is not evidence.

	Thanks for the non sequitur. Let me know when you're talking about
psychokinetic and related claims.

>> Because no one came to you stating that they had dug a little and found
>> reason to believe there is a diamond mine there. No one came to you with
>> a story about how 200 years ago, someone found a diamond there, or found
>> clues indicative of diamonds.
>
> So your litmus test is *someone* telling you something. Let's see how you
> respond to the Nigerian scam problem:

	Nope. You asked why it's not analogous, and I told you.

>> It sure could be. Your point? I don't pursue them, because that's not
>> my area of interest. It's not exactly an academic activity, and if I
>> were to dig deep and find that some are legitimate emails, humanity has
>> gained nothing. Sure, I may get rich, but I didn't realize this whole
>> discussion was oriented towards /personal/ gain.
>
> So, instead of admitting that they are *all* scams (which would invalidate
> your point above, since they are claims made by *many people*), you are
> saying that you are not interested in money. Admirable. But why not pursue
> them anyway, get the money, and donate it all to a worthy cause that
> benefits humanity?

	Did you ever pass reading comprehension?

	What you're stating I said is not what I said. I won't bother to respond.

--
"A man doesn't know what happiness is until he's married. By then it's
too late." - Frank Sinatra