POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Operation downfall : Re: Operation downfall Server Time
9 Oct 2024 02:23:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Operation downfall
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 29 Nov 2009 12:01:03
Message: <4b12a8cf$1@news.povray.org>
>> I don't know of anybody who moved just to get a job.
>
> It all depends on the sort of job. If you are looking for the kind of
> job that is needed in quantities of about 10 per 1000 people, you can
> find a job nearby. A sysop, I'm guessing, is about 1 in 10000, so that
> is reachable, but that is not really the sort of job you are looking
> for. The sort of job that you are looking for is less than 1 in 100000
> and mostly in bigger companies and universities. Hence: I don't think
> you are going to find that job in MK.

So it seems we're agreed on one thing: I need to look for a different
type of job.

(I guess really it was silly to think I could be a programmer in the
first place; the most popular programming language in the world is C,
the one language I'm very bad at.)

>> I'd actually *like* to leave my mother. She drives me crazy. It's the
>> city of MK that I enjoy and don't particularly want to leave.
>
> Think of it this way: if you have to move you might not want to leave
> that place either after a few months or years.

It's possible. But I've yet to see a city besides MK that isn't stricken
with a tangled road network that can't handle the traffic volume, and
buildings that are old and crumbling. Maybe there is such a place, but I
haven't found it yet.

>> Heh. One more thing to add to the list of problems I'm running out of
>> time to solve. :-/
>
> I assumed you were aware of that.

Well, yeah, it's not exactly news that I need a new job.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/