POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Operation downfall : Re: Operation downfall Server Time
9 Oct 2024 02:25:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Operation downfall
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 29 Nov 2009 11:55:47
Message: <4b12a793$1@news.povray.org>
> The actual nice thing about cities is they tend to be very easy to get
> around. I've never vacationed in a city that I've taken an automobile.
> The paris and london subways (as well as a few in the USA) are really
> all you need, if you're willing to walk two or three blocks or hop an
> occasional taxi cab to go too far towards the edge.

I would suggest that you'd be insane to try to travel around central
London by car. It's not that public transport is superb - it isn't -
it's more that the roads are an insane nightmare. (Presumably because
the road network was never really designed, it just happened. Oh, and
the vast traffic volume.)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/