POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : At-render texture blending : Re: At-render texture blending Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:24:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: At-render texture blending
From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 29 Nov 2009 04:14:04
Message: <4b123b5c$1@news.povray.org>
Alain wrote:
> You can use palleted image format (16 or 256 colours BMP, gif, PNG,...)
> and use a color_map to give any index any new value of your choosing,
> you can even use texture_map and replace specific colour with any
> pattern. Again, you can pass those via the command line.
>
> You can use a few arrays of colours, or textures, and use some variable
> to chose some specific sets.

If I read correctly, that is what he is looking to do. Take the image
texture already in existence and replace certain colors with other ones
at render time.

Siber, you might take a look back at an older thread on how to convert
an image to a function, and then use that function to create the new
pigment_map. See
http://news.povray.org/povray.advanced-users/thread/%3C45031f15@news.povray.org%3E/?mtop=5

I would try to offer code myself, but I just hack at textures till they
look right, someone else can probably offer some better advice.