POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Miracle products : Re: Miracle products Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:20:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Miracle products
From: somebody
Date: 29 Nov 2009 00:51:50
Message: <4b120bf6$1@news.povray.org>
"Sabrina Kilian" <ski### [at] vtedu> wrote in message

> in JAMA or another medical journal that showed placebos were just as
> effective, if not more, as prescription anti-depressants in treating
> mild to moderate depression and anxiety. And if the placebo makes them
> feel better, why now let them use it?

Good question, with complicated answers. If people in position of trust
telling the populace that economy is recovering makes economy recover, why
(and we not) not do that? Isn't a doctor telling you that taking aspiring
will make you feel better already pushing an extra placebo bias, even when
aspirin would have healing effect without his endorsement?