POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Miracle products : Re: Miracle products Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:24:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Miracle products
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 28 Nov 2009 17:39:39
Message: <4b11a6ab$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Sure it does. But, as I understand it, a placebo only works if you're
> expecting it to work.
>
> The way I heard it, damage to the body stimulates the release of natural
> painkillers, and accupuncture has a similar effect. (It is, after all,
> damage to the body.) Whether the diagrams depicting the best place to
> put the needles have any validity is an entire other question,
> however... ;-)

Sadly, while plausible, its not the case. It been done using the "wrong"
places, and even using needles are fake, and don't cause any sort of
puncture at all. In fact, the only thing that seems to effect outcomes,
based on the experiments done by one person, who used to be an advocate
of it, until he started wondering why the hell the multitude of
acupressure methods neither agree with each other, or the acupuncture
chart, is if the explanation "sounds" plausible to the patient, and the
practitioner appears to believe it themselves. Mostly the later. If you
stick someone in the room to do the procedure that pretends to think its
all BS, and who won't provide any facts, details, or explanation, the
result is complete failure.

Also, its a failed premise since the body doesn't react with pain to
such needles, and any "localize" changes, from damage, do not generate
release of the bodies pain killers, or other changes that are supposed
to be part of how it works.

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {