POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : color mixing tool : Re: color mixing tool Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:18:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: color mixing tool
From: stbenge
Date: 27 Nov 2009 17:40:29
Message: <4b10555d@news.povray.org>
joost_1972 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if anybody could help me to a color mixing tool? I've found
> enough color pickers with all kind of options, but non with the same options you
> have in real life. When I have a certain color I often just want to add a hint
> of an other color, as I do with painting, but can find it quite hard to get the
> right touch with the numbers.
>
> Thanks, Joost

Sometimes when I need a real-life color, I will open a photo with
IrfanView and click on the color I want, to read the RGB values. I take
those values and convert them in POV like so:

rgb <128,96,250>/256

If you want to mix colors this way, just use Gimp or another paint
program and use the eyedropper tool to the get RGB values, and divide
that color vector by 256.

Sam