POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Gift magic : Re: Gift magic Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:23:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gift magic
From: Stefan Viljoen
Date: 27 Nov 2009 13:30:22
Message: <4b101abe@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

> So what's the best gift you ever received as a kid? Can you actually
> *remember* back when driving a plastic car with flashing lights on it
> seemed like the pinacle of enjoyment? What neat stuff did you get?

There were two I especially remember

The first was a book about programming in BASIC - it was written for the
"basica" interpreter that came with DOS 3.3 if I remember right. Man did I
ever spend hours and hours with that and the old IBM-PC...

The other was when I was rather younger, it was a blue Chevrolet C-10 model
that was about as big as an adult's hand. My dad had a -real- C-10 Chev at
that time (+- 1979 - 1981), and it was just too uber-cool to play around
with DAD's PICKUP!!!!! I almost wet met pants when I got it.

Then also of course Lego and "Playmobile" (anybody remember those?) Had a
big Lego helicopter one christmas, and also a Lego "moonscape" set with moon
dunes on it and so forth.

Still remember those, even today, decades later!
--
Stefan Viljoen