POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : And you thought flash was only good for youtube. : Re: And you thought flash was only good for youtube. Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:24:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: And you thought flash was only good for youtube.
From: Darren New
Date: 26 Nov 2009 01:06:41
Message: <4b0e1af1$1@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott wrote:
> Darren New wrote:
>> Tim Cook wrote:
>>> I'm afraid you'll have to do better than that to effectively peddle
>>> your newfangled HTML5 compliant format.
>>
>> After having participated in the IETF, where nothing is a standard
>> until there are two independent interoperating implementations
>> available to the public, I always find W3C's standard process rather
>> amusing.
>>
> Except for the minor issue that they are trying to describe a standard,

*Who* is trying to describe a standard?  W3C seems to make up "standards"
out of whole cloth, and then people get upset when those who are already
following de facto standards don't switch to use W3C's poorly thought-out
messes and make themselves unmarketable commodities at the same time.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   You know the kamikaze monsters in Serious Sam