POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : And you thought flash was only good for youtube. : Re: And you thought flash was only good for youtube. Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:23:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: And you thought flash was only good for youtube.
From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 25 Nov 2009 19:34:53
Message: <4b0dcd2d$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/25/09 17:53, Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
> Tim Cook wrote:
>> http://www.silvergames.com/game/quake-flash/
>>

> For the record, I don't think Flash is good for youtube ;)

	I concur. There's a site out there that converts (live, I believe),
whatever video you wish to watch to something that is HTML5 compliant,
so that if you have a decent browser, it will play it without the need
for plugins. In Linux, that's a Good Thing because it means your CPU
won't be hogged.

	Unfortunately, last time I looked at it, it didn't work with Firefox as
FF only supported Ogg, or something similar. Works on some other
browsers, though.

--
ASCII and ye shall receive.