POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Modern Linux desktops suck : Re: Modern Linux desktops suck Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:19:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Modern Linux desktops suck
From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 25 Nov 2009 19:31:17
Message: <4b0dcc55$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/25/09 15:59, Jim Henderson wrote:
> Most Linux/Unix config files include defaults commented out - that's
> pretty standard.  So grepping does work quite well.

	I'm not sure about the "most". I'm guessing you more often deal with
common _system administration_ (mature) tools - which often are as you
described - as opposed to just wild stuff for the desktop.

	Or it could be a distribution thing - they may be the ones who place a
fully commented config file for common tools.

	Let's put it this way: For most of the config files that sit in my
_home_ directory, they didn't come with a config file with all the
options - although many do have a sample one in /etc that has _common_
options...

--
ASCII and ye shall receive.