POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Realistic CG models : Re: Realistic CG models Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:20:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Realistic CG models
From: nemesis
Date: 25 Nov 2009 14:57:40
Message: <4b0d8c34@news.povray.org>
Darren New escreveu:
> http://www.noupe.com/inspiration/50-amazing-realistic-cg-portraits.html

Terrific!  I've seen some of these before at CGSociety.

But now the most amazing thing happened!  I browsed through the entire
collection and didn't find the one picture I found the most impressive
3D realistic portrayal ever in all these years.  Curious about why, I
searched through my gmail, as I became so impressed with the picture
back then that I mailed it to a few friends.  There it is, author's name
"Rod Seffen".

I then go its original thread (I registered in the email) and found that
the original thread is nowhere to be found:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=655126

I remember the picture -- a very artistic take on a young nude lady
sitting back on a chair facing side to the camera -- already back then
led some strong reaction from people in the forum.  I clearly remember a
member asking "How old is she", to which the author reponded: "She's 3
months old, that's the time I took to create her".

But now, searching for "Rod Seffen" on Google leads to this:

http://u.tv/News/Man-accused-of-spying-on-teen/b4b35da0-57e2-41cf-bf16-b41ff74f01fc

it's such a WTF!  Holy crap, man!  I'm positively shocked!

Although incredibly realistic it was not a photograph, I'm sure.
Must've taken a *lot* of references to create that model, that's for sure...

BTW, though his methods are not right, the picture itself was pure
artistic nude, not even frontal, not a slight of maliciousness or a
single tit showing.

I'm really shocked at this story...