POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Modern Linux desktops suck : Re: Modern Linux desktops suck Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:20:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Modern Linux desktops suck
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 25 Nov 2009 09:43:58
Message: <4b0d42ae$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   But you can't blame Linux for that.

Yes, I already agreed on that (and have agreed all the time). It just
doesn't remove that Adobe piles more sucking on Linux-plugin than on
Windows-plugin.

>   OTOH the current plugin can be used for basically any Flash app out
> there, so it's better than nothing.

Yes, if you have enough power. I think I do now, I haven't yet got my
new workstation (Q9550, 8GiB etc) to lag with flash, while my laptop
(C2D T5600 (1,8GHz), 4GiB etc) couldn't play youtube videos with flash,
since I didn't have enough CPU power (OTOH, MPlayer plaid them with
under 1% of CPU usage...).

-Aero