POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Yet another reason why they shouldn't grant software patents : Re: Yet another reason why they shouldn't grant software patents Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:19:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yet another reason why they shouldn't grant software patents
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 25 Nov 2009 00:16:59
Message: <4b0cbdcb@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Patrick Elliott wrote:
>> But, thought we where dropping this. lol
>
> Since at this point you seem to be *intentionally* missing the point, sure.

Intentionally? I think I will refrain from making the same accusation...
Seriously though, this reminds me of a discussion I had one day with a
guy that was going to college for Electronic Engineering, at the same
time I was taking Computer Information Systems, on approaches to AI and
what we thought would actually work. We spent like 3 hours dancing
around each others definitions and statements, without once realizing
that there was no real core difference in our position. It took stepping
back on my part and presenting a redefinition of the problem.

In our case.. I am not sure I could come up with a redefinition that
wouldn't dig the hole deeper. The ball would therefor seem to be in your
court, if you wanted to continue, but, unfortunately, the last few
attempts you made to describe what you thought "my" position was
where... Lets just say you where reading things between the lines that
didn't even involve the same book, never mind printing date. I think we
are perhaps both badly misunderstanding each other.

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {