POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wikipedia Forever : Re: Wikipedia Forever Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:24:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wikipedia Forever
From: Darren New
Date: 24 Nov 2009 21:18:32
Message: <4b0c93f8$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   I'm probably biased because of living here, but $78K/year is what I call
> "filthy rich".

It also depends where you live. That's pretty low for San Francisco, but
very high for (say) some small town in the mid-west.

>   How much does the average plane flight from one city to another in the
> US cost?

It depends how far in advance you schedule and such; it varies from $100 to
several thousand, even for adjacent seats on the same flight. Generally with
a bit of brains you can keep it under a three hundred dollars. Then there
might be hotel expenses, food, transportation (taxi, car rental, etc), and
so on. But yeah, if you can't keep it under $1000/day for travel, you're
probably doing something wrong. But you can drive cross-country on a bus for
like $100 if you want to take a week to do that.

Even the salaries might seem high, given it's a $78K *average*. But they're
not counting janitors, receptionists, etc., so having everyone at the high
end doesn't seem unreasonable there.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   You know the kamikaze monsters in Serious Sam