POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wikipedia Forever : Re: Wikipedia Forever Server Time
8 Oct 2024 16:05:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wikipedia Forever
From: Warp
Date: 24 Nov 2009 19:28:34
Message: <4b0c7a32@news.povray.org>
> Page 19 shows 38.5 people, which comes out to an average of $78K/year, which
> still isn't what I'd call a lot of money in San Francisco for tech,
> fundraising, or finance&admin work.

  Salaries are filthy high in the US, especially taking into account that
taxes and expenses in general are considerably lower than here.

  AFAIK the average MSc in Finland earns much less than that, has to pay
a lot more in taxes and living expenses are much higher.

  I'm probably biased because of living here, but $78K/year is what I call
"filthy rich".

> >   Why do they need to spend 335000 dollars in travel, from donated money?
> > Are they using golden limousines or something? Have they ever heard of
> > buses and trains?

> That doesn't really work in the USA. Unless you want to travel for 14 hours
> to have a 2-hour meeting in the next city over.  Stuff is surprisingly far
> apart in the US compared to what many Europeans are used to.

  How much does the average plane flight from one city to another in the
US cost? I have no idea, but I'd bet it should be *at most* in the order
of $1000 (and I'm probably overestimating. That would mean one plane flight
almost every day of the year.

--
                                                          - Warp