POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wikipedia Forever : Re: Wikipedia Forever Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:20:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wikipedia Forever
From: Warp
Date: 24 Nov 2009 17:31:09
Message: <4b0c5eac@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez <nic### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/foundation/a/a3/2009-10_Wikimedia_Foundation_Annual_Plan_FINAL_July2.pdf

  3 million dollars in salaries? For 35 people that's over 7100 dollars a
month. That's quite a salary for a free project funded by donations, I must
say.

  And the million dollars for the internet hosting probably goes to those
optic fibers made of diamond and coated in gold.

  Why do they need to spend 335000 dollars in travel, from donated money?
Are they using golden limousines or something? Have they ever heard of
buses and trains? Or are they too snob to lower themselves to use the same
cheap means of travel as common people?

  288000 dollars in fundraising. I suppose it's profitable, given how much
their total budget is.

  The legal spending I don't have a problem with, though, knowing it's
the US.

--
                                                          - Warp