POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wikipedia Forever : Re: Wikipedia Forever Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:22:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wikipedia Forever
From: Saul Luizaga
Date: 24 Nov 2009 17:31:01
Message: <4b0c5ea5$1@news.povray.org>
I appreciate wikipedia, and wiktionary and all the wikis, they need
donations, I'd donate if I had a little more income, believe me I would
but anyways, I agree with Warp, the expenditure is crazy expensive on
non-wiki related stuff, considering is the top five and even with USD 5
it will get lots of money and I really don't think the the site costs
that much to maintain or they'll hire highly specialized technicians and
more stuff, I think and feel they just want to have a nice life style,
spending USD 22.5K per day. If they earned USD 20/hour 8 hours a day by
35 people is about USD 5K.

As I wrote, I really like wikipedia and all that it offers but I'm
sorry, I think they should be more honest and change the web extension
to '.com'. So sorry but I think this is BS.