POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Operation downfall : Re: Operation downfall Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:17:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Operation downfall
From: Darren New
Date: 24 Nov 2009 11:32:49
Message: <4b0c0ab1$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Heh. Sure. Because I'm *made* of money!

My wife moved to the USA from China. We pay $0.06/minute to talk on the
phone. When she got here, she had $18, which was something like a full
month's pay in China at the time, so it should be plenty to get to where she
was going and find a place to stay, right?

> Excuse me sir? Is that an open beer container? In this country, it is
> illegal to have an open beer container inside a moving vehicle. Could
> you come with me please...

See? You already know the laws. :-)

> If I can't meet people here in the normal world, what chance do I stand
> in a foreign country?

Probably a lot better, with nothing to lose and surrounded by people who are
actually *friendly*.   (Not that I'd say that about *every* US city, but
SanFran is high on the list.)

Heck, interview for google. They seem a very friendly bunch too.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   You know the kamikaze monsters in Serious Sam