POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : It boggles the mind. : Re: It boggles the mind. Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:19:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It boggles the mind.
From: scott
Date: 24 Nov 2009 11:07:49
Message: <4b0c04d5$1@news.povray.org>
> Or, more correctly: Maybe if people stopped doing stupid things like this
> and just waited their turn

Err, the whole point of having two lanes is so that you can overtake slower
cars if you want to.

> there wouldn't *be* a huge queue of waiting traffic in the first place?

Incorrect.

The most efficient way is for everyone to stay in their lanes until the
closure, then zip merge one car at a time from each lane.  In fact at some
places in the UK (I've seen them around Reading) they even have big signs
telling you to do this (to prevent the queue going back too far), and it
seems to be how everyone here in Germany behaves by default (IME).  The
queue will be half the length then, and there will be no concept of "pushing
in" or "waiting your turn", so everyone is happy.