POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Trivial trigonometry : Re: Trivial trigonometry Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:19:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trivial trigonometry
From: Invisible
Date: 24 Nov 2009 10:56:16
Message: <4b0c0220$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

> Apparently it's 0.00854446724 degrees, which is about 30 seconds. That's
> some pretty fricken tiny angle!

According to Wikipedia:

"20/20 is the visual acuity needed to discriminate two points separated

So I guess 30 seconds (0.5 minutes) could plausibly be within the range
of normal human vision then.

I just noticed the other night that as I passed under a sign telling me
the motorway exit was in 1 mile, I could already see the green traffic
lights beyond the exit. And those lights can't be much more than 24cm
across...