POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : It boggles the mind. : Re: It boggles the mind. Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:18:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It boggles the mind.
From: Invisible
Date: 24 Nov 2009 10:36:05
Message: <4b0bfd65@news.povray.org>
somebody wrote:

> That too. But where there's any kind of insurance, be it health,
> unemployement or auto, there will be people milking it.

Yeah, pretty much.

> In fact, I don't
> know of a single personal experience where I haven't seen this secondhand
> whenever there was opportunity, from a good friend having free massages for
> years after a fender bender, to friends and even relatives taking nice
> vacations on EI when they were supposed to be looking for work.

You obviously don't know *me* then. ;-)

> I've taken
> sick days myself just because I didn't feel like working, not because I
> would seriously be unable to work if I didn't have sick days to burn.

I'm the sort of person who tends to turn up for work even when I really
ought to be at home. (Then again, I don't *do* a lot at work I guess...)
I've always been a good little boy. Something to do with having very
strict parents or something.

> It's
> human nature to milk the system, consciously or unconsciously, so long as
> the checks are not there.

Yeah, there's always [at least] one.

This morning I shuffled along in a queue of traffic because one of the
lanes had been coned off. With tedious inevitability, some guy in his
shiny BWM SUV drives straight up the empty lane to where the cones start
and then expects to cut in infront of everybody else. I mean, it *is*
his personal road, after all...