POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : It boggles the mind. : Re: It boggles the mind. Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:21:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It boggles the mind.
From: Invisible
Date: 24 Nov 2009 10:32:24
Message: <4b0bfc88$1@news.povray.org>
Tim Cook wrote:

> It's like, for each individual, they are the only person actually trying
> to make a decent living, and everyone else on the planet gets a free
> ride from whatever.

I think this might be a kind of projection.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

How many times have you heard this conversation?

"Can you stop shouting at me please."
"I AM NOT SHOUTING!!!"
"Yes you are."
"NO I AM NOT! *YOU* ARE SHOUTING AT *ME*!"

Rational? Not especially. But how many selfish people have you met who
complain bitterly about how the whole world is so selfish? How many
loafers who complain that nobody does any work? How many people have sat
at traffic lights impatiently revving the engine of their expensive
sports car complaining that everybody's too impatient these days?

Interesting, eh?

I suspect the people who complain about everybody being money-grabbing
parasites are exactly the sort of people who'd do the same thing, given
half a chance.