POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Operation downfall : Re: Operation downfall Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:15:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Operation downfall
From: Invisible
Date: 24 Nov 2009 09:58:53
Message: <4b0bf4ad@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>>> Or a different city. Move to San Francisco.
>>
>> Sure. Or I could just top myself now. Probably a lot simpler. :-P
>
> Apply for a job in SF, they give you a telephone interview, then pay for
> your flight and hotel to do a face-to-face interview.  Then they offer
> you the job, obviously including relocation expenses.  You take a flight
> there, stay in a hotel for a couple of weeks until you find a
> house/apartment, then arrange to have the rest of your stuff shipped
> over.  Job done.  People do this all the time, it's no big deal.  If it
> turns out you hate it then move back after 6 months or whatever.

Heh. Sure. I mean, just turn my back on everyone and everything I have
ever cared about in this world, travel thousands of miles to somewhere
where I don't even know what the laws are never mind the local customs,
and live in total isolation for the rest of my life (or at least until I
decide I want to stop). I'm sure people do it every day. :-}