POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Junkmail : Re: Junkmail Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:18:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Junkmail
From: Invisible
Date: 24 Nov 2009 09:52:59
Message: <4b0bf34b@news.povray.org>
>> We offer many simple solutions for keeping data safe and secure,
>> increasing efficiency, and reducing downtime, all while cutting costs.
>> [So... you're going to sell us stuff and it will cut our costs? How do
>> you work that out? Last time I checked, buying things costs money. :-P ]
>
> Don't worry you're not alone, it seems that even quite important people
> in high-up places can't grasp the concept that spending some money could
> save you more overall.

While it is true that investing money now can save you huge amounts of
money later, I very much doubt that buying a truckload of shiny
equipment from the most over-priced supplier in the marketplace is
actually going to help your costs. ;-)

> At the moment I'm struggling to persuade IT at our HQ they should link
> our independent phone systems together (this is what, at most a Cisco
> box and a day's setup at each end?) even though after only a few months
> it would be saving us money - they don't seem interested.

I guess a phone system just isn't "exciting" enough for them? Who knows.