POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Meetings : Re: Meetings Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:22:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Meetings
From: Invisible
Date: 24 Nov 2009 08:00:25
Message: <4b0bd8e9$1@news.povray.org>
>> Heee... Sometimes I think it would be really neat to have somebody
>> from the interwebs come over here and tell these people who dumb
>> they're being. ;-)
>
> Just be a bit more outspoken, not rude you understand, but saying more
> how you are feeling about what you are doing.  People will respect you
> more and realise you have a brain for yourself and are not just a dumb
> sheep doing everything they are told.
>
> The HR Director was probably thinking to herself, "what a load of dumb
> f*34s I give them this really obvious presentation and not one of them
> questions the purpose of the meeting - LOLs".
>
> IMO it's perfectly legitimate to query the purpose of the meeting when
> it's not clear how you will benefit.

Heh. Just this morning I got an email from my boss.

Each month, he sends out a list of stuff he wants each of us to read.
Except that most of it has absolutely no relevance to the UK, and some
of it isn't even relevant to IT at all. But this morning I got an email
basically ordering me to go read all this stuff, even though there's no
point to it.

It's times like this when I wish I was better at diplomacy...