POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : It boggles the mind. : Re: It boggles the mind. Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:19:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It boggles the mind.
From: somebody
Date: 23 Nov 2009 21:45:24
Message: <4b0b48c4$1@news.povray.org>
"Tim Cook" <z99### [at] gmailcom> wrote in message

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/AheadoftheCurve/woman-loses-insurance-benefits-facebook-pics/story?id=9154741

> The comments just...I don't know what to say.
>
> The general populace's attitude at the moment seems to be "If I'm not
> the one getting the money, the person is a freeloader deadbeat who's
> milking the system and taking the money I worked my behind off to earn,
> bawww" and it's kind of weird.
>
> It's like, for each individual, they are the only person actually trying
> to make a decent living, and everyone else on the planet gets a free
> ride from whatever.

That too. But where there's any kind of insurance, be it health,
unemployement or auto, there will be people milking it. In fact, I don't
know of a single personal experience where I haven't seen this secondhand
whenever there was opportunity, from a good friend having free massages for
years after a fender bender, to friends and even relatives taking nice
vacations on EI when they were supposed to be looking for work. I've taken
sick days myself just because I didn't feel like working, not because I
would seriously be unable to work if I didn't have sick days to burn. It's
human nature to milk the system, consciously or unconsciously, so long as
the checks are not there.

Doctors are enablers too, for they stand to benefit from each visit, from
each prescription, from each test or referral. The way a new disorder or
cause for stress is "discovered" each day, you'd think we are the most
overworked generation ever. Sure, twittering for hours, or posting our every
minor daily grievance about the p.h.b. to p.o.t. is backbreaking work.
Having come across more than my fair share of constant whiners at workplace,
I no longer give the benefit of doubt to those who do the whining.