POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : It boggles the mind. : Re: It boggles the mind. Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:21:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It boggles the mind.
From: Tim Cook
Date: 23 Nov 2009 20:48:31
Message: <4b0b3b6f$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> Yep.  I'm actually having an argument with someone on another forum about
> whether or not looking out the window can tell you what the weather's
> going to do "in a few minutes"; he claims no because he can't tell when
> it's going to rain where he lives.  So clearly nobody in the world could
> possibly tell what the weather was going to do in the next 5-10 minutes
> because he can't.

Well, you can look at that argument from two equally valid sides:  the
mathematical, and the practical.  For the former, if there is any case
where you can't, saying "you can tell what the weather's going to be
like in a few minutes by looking out the window" is untrue.  For the
latter, it's assumed to read "m (at least one, probably more) people, in
n (at least one, probably more) cases" etc.

;)

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.freesitespace.net