POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : It boggles the mind. : Re: It boggles the mind. Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:24:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It boggles the mind.
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 23 Nov 2009 17:02:28
Message: <4b0b0674$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 13:33:12 -0800, Darren New wrote:

> Tim Cook wrote:
>> The comments just...I don't know what to say.
>
> Welcome to the internet. It's not just that sort of thing. There's flame
> wars all over.  And everyone who reads an article like that and
> *comments* on it believes it at face value and then runs it thru their
> own perceptional filters.

Yep.  I'm actually having an argument with someone on another forum about
whether or not looking out the window can tell you what the weather's
going to do "in a few minutes"; he claims no because he can't tell when
it's going to rain where he lives.  So clearly nobody in the world could
possibly tell what the weather was going to do in the next 5-10 minutes
because he can't.

Jim