POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Scattering media with a color_map - how to do? : Re: Scattering media with a color_map - how to do? Server Time
23 May 2024 07:14:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scattering media with a color_map - how to do?
From: clipka
Date: 22 Nov 2009 23:00:01
Message: <4b0a08c1$1@news.povray.org>

> Whatever I tried, the cylindrical pattern never showed up - instead I
> got a uniformly white ring! What's my mistake?

You simply underestimated the effect of scale on media. Scaling does
increase the volume, but leaves the density unaffected, so there's more
matter to emit / absorb / scatter the light.

Reduce the "emission" value (something like 0.005 should get you
started), and you should be fine.

But didn't you want to use scattering media anyway?