POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Scattering media with a color_map - how to do? : Re: Scattering media with a color_map - how to do? Server Time
23 Jun 2024 15:01:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scattering media with a color_map - how to do?
From: BitViper
Date: 22 Nov 2009 18:16:33
Message: <4b09c651$1@news.povray.org>

> High!

Not yet, working on it though. =)

> Still trying to get believable Saturnian rings... so I worked through
> the media section of the manual to finally get scattering media which
> shows cylindrical banding - but my attempts failed so far.

I'll have a look at your code later, but I built the following a while
back then got distracted by real life. I had a similar issue with the
rings. I have bitmaps representing a slice of the rings from inside to
outside, one for color, and one for alpha. However I never figured out
how to apply them to the rings. Perhaps we can help each other, or find
a common solution that will work for both of us.

http://www.bitviper.org/solarsystem

bit