POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : More microsoft patents : Re: More microsoft patents Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:18:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More microsoft patents
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 22 Nov 2009 16:13:30
Message: <4b09a97a$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Patrick Elliott wrote:
>> Erk.. Oh, yes, and everyone knows that a pile of pots, pans and
>> chemicals are a) able to, or b) designed to, follow sets of general
>> instructions. I give up....
>
> They certainly are. You insist on looking at legal problems from the
> point of view of abstract computer science. Nobody is patenting abstract
> computer science.

No, they are just redefining what **is** abstraction as *not
abstracted*, so they can say its not the same thing. Kind of like what
the Catholics did with Capabara to redefine them as fish, so they could
get around eating them on holy days. It doesn't impress me, but it
certainly does impress someone whose area of expertise is the patenting
of discrete machines, but ***not*** computers.

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {